I would like to say a special thank you to people who have been more kind and generous than I would have imagined
I would like to publicly thank my family for helping get the word out about my struggles and raising money for me so my health can improve. Especially my mum who has used her limited energy (she suffers from a chronic physical illness herself) to help me with both day to day tasks and by approaching people for financial help.
I am particularly grateful to my family & my best friend whom I have known all my life, who remember who I was but also accept me as I am now :)
- A big "Thank you" to Maddy Prior for her donation to Sammy's fund, and for helping to try to spread the word about Sammy by putting up links on her FB page and Twitter account! :) http://www.maddyprior.co.uk/
- Sammy's Mum says - We would like to thank the six churches, clergy and congregation of Alston Moor Parish for their support, prayers and, above all, the generous donation to Sammy's Fund. It has gladdened our hearts that there are lovely people like you out there!
- A big "Thank you!" to Gail Westmorland, who breeds beautiful Bulldogs, she brought four six-week old puppies over today so that Sammy could give them a cuddle. I haven't seen Sammy smile so much for years!
- Thank you to some family friends who made donations, and a relative of my Dad's who made a very generous donation - it's kept my spirits up to get donations even when my Mum and Dad haven't had time to actively fund-raise recently due to many things happening here. Thank you!!!!
- A massive Thank You to Marc at http://www.carlisleplastering.co.uk/ for offering to skim my new room, donating both labour and plaster for free to my fund
- Thank you to all contributors to my raffle (see Raffle tab for details)
- Thank you to Virgin Trains, who have given us four complimentry tickets, so that my Mum and I will get two jounreys to London and back for free!
- Individuals who donated to me on my previouse site (which I no longer use as they took a percentage of the money you donated.)
- People who have given me cash/cheques, (mostly to me, or my family, in person)it is appreciated.
- Travis Perkins Carlisle- for the kind donation of a disabled toilet.
- People on Tumblr who have donated and helped raised awareness- many small amouts accumilate.
- Individulas who have been exceptionally generous in their amount they have donated- I am suprised and touched by your kindness.
- Nice people who my dad has done work for, some ask after me and some have even kindly donated to me :)
- My Dads Auntie who kindly collected & posted a prescription for me which isn't available up here on the NHS.
- B&Q in Carlisle for the donation of a drill which I will be selling and keeping the profits.
- Claire Stevenson who ran the great north run & kindly gave the proceeds to me.
- Anyone who has given me money, from the nice lady in my local post office, to the London cab driver who let me have my fare for free, to the guy who was showing my wheelchair acsessible vehicles who gave me his spare change (literally he emptied his pocket!)
Geoff Brown helps children and young people in Cumbria and the south of Scotland, and he is helping me. He has given me a £500 cheque to go in my health fund. He is a lovely man who as well as helping me has helped many others. If you want to know more, or help the chairity with a fund raising event visit: http://www.geoffbrowncharitabletrust.org.uk/